• Support

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • iPhoto to publish homepages

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • none

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or do you use external (non-apple) applications to do the same things ?

.mac has nothing to offer me. The free mac.com email account I had (for use as spam bait) will die a natural death at the end of September.

Since I do not have a place to host a webpage .mac at $50 a year seems like a good deal. I have not decided if it will be a good deal at $100 a year. The email address is not that important, nor is the virus software. Since my home internet connection is still a dialup most of the features are too slow for me. When I need to upload to my homepage I take my laptop to work and use the high speed connection there. $55/month for ATT's cable modem is way over priced and DSL is not available.

Calliex

I agree that the price of the connection is important. I would probably not use .mac on a 56k line, but here the cable modem is for $40/month, and it lowers significantly my telephon bill.

Surprizing ! at that time (2002-08-30) iDisk is leading the field in front of HomePage !

I expected WebMail to be the clear leader.

I've seen on other threads much about the "bad" Backup. I don't think it's a bad idea to backup over the web.

I finally bit the bullet and bought .mac, I swore I never would...

...when I tried setting up a homepage through geocities though, I sorely missed what I had with the former iTools. Homepage was so easy that I guess I took it for granted. A great service and now I'm glad I have the extra storage space to go with it.

Back