Mac/Windows Combo Keyboard

dmetzcher

Metzcher.com
Can anyone suggest a nice keyboard that will work with both Mac and Windows, which has both the Command (Mac) and Windows (Windows) keys? What I'd really like is something where the layout of the keys is like that of the Apple keyboard, but where the Command key will double as the Windows key when using Windows? I'd like to not have to resort to using software on Windows to make the Command key behave like the Windows key in that OS. I really just want it to work out of the box. I suppose a keyboard that came with drivers for Windows would be OK, however.

I'm getting a Mac Pro, and, if I find a nice keyboard that does Mac and Windows, I won't be buying Apple's keyboard. I'm also looking for a nice mouse, but those are easier to find, and I will use SteerMouse to get multiple buttons working in OS X (as I do on my iBook right now).

Thanks!

i have thee ms digital media pro keyboard on a kvm with both my mac and pc, and it works flawlessly. i'm not a fan of their software, but i have never ever had any problem with their hardware, its some of the best i've ever used. just make sure you install the software that comes with the keyboard, so that you can switch the alt and windows key, because if you are a long time mac user, you'll want to hit the key next to the space bar for commands, and thats where pcs have the alt key.

Back