Macbook Air OS X Restore CD's

macisbetter4you

Registered
Hi guys i was wondering if anybody out there can help me out here......I needed to install one of my drivers back into my macbook air but i cant find my OSX Disc the Disc 1.......Can i just go and buy a new Leopard OS X and do a whole new install....would this bring back all the original drivers back in my Book?
Or do i need to contact apple and ask to send my restore disc to me?

Drivers don't often need installing, as they are all native to your OS X install. There's probably no way to install an individual Apple driver. If you describe your problem, perhaps someone here will give you another idea that might not involve reinstalling your system...
If you prefer to try to fix this yourself, You can contact Apple for a replacement restore set, or purchase Leopard

Drivers don't often need installing, as they are all native to your OS X install. There's probably no way to install an individual Apple driver. If you describe your problem, perhaps someone here will give you another idea that might not involve reinstalling your system...
If you prefer to try to fix this yourself, You can contact Apple for a replacement restore set, or purchase Leopard
Ok i was just explained the whole deal......My brother want to install Windows XP in his Macbook air because of the Microsoft One Note but when he went to format the hardrive when i asked to put windows XP in it also was asked to have his original OSX disc so that needed drivers can be intall back into the book.............Now it makes sense not what he told me before.

Ah, that explains your first question, too!
Using Boot Camp utility to set up a second partition, then boot to the Windows installer CD. When Windows is installed, and you're booted to Windows desktop, insert your Leopard DVD, which should be your original OS X restore DVD, but the Leopard full install DVD will also have those drivers. The driver setup should auto-run after you insert that Leopard DVD, while you are booted to Windows.

Yeah, but deltamac, he said he can't find his original install DVD.
You can try to google it, try to find a set thats on Apple.com.
I'm sure that apple has the drivers on there site.

Ah, that explains your first question, too!
Using Boot Camp utility to set up a second partition, then boot to the Windows installer CD. When Windows is installed, and you're booted to Windows desktop, insert your Leopard DVD, which should be your original OS X restore DVD, but the Leopard full install DVD will also have those drivers. The driver setup should auto-run after you insert that Leopard DVD, while you are booted to Windows.
Yeah the original Disc he only has the second disc cant find the number 1 disc....Let me ask you i bought a leopard OSX for me to install in my iBook G4 but its just the OSX no iLife No iWork none of that just straight leopard....Would that work if i let him use it to install the drivers or it wouldn't have it?........I don't know i told him to call Apple and see whats going to cost him to get another restore cd and price Ebay for a new Leopard with all the whistles and bells .

Well, Yeah, your copy will work just fine, boot into windows, and then insert your OS X Install DVD, it's auto run, so its pretty straight forward, just hit yes, install. Leopard is 129, but the Retail copy that you have will also work on his computer. Tell him not to buy a new copy of leopard, Snow Leopard will be released in september, and he will only have to pay 30 Dollars for it.
And then he won't need a leopard disc at all, i can Assure you that!!!

:)

Well, Yeah, your copy will work just fine, boot into windows, and then insert your OS X Install DVD, it's auto run, so its pretty straight forward, just hit yes, install. Leopard is 129, but the Retail copy that you have will also work on his computer. Tell him not to buy a new copy of leopard, Snow Leopard will be released in september, and he will only have to pay 30 Dollars for it.
And then he won't need a leopard disc at all, i can Assure you that!!!

:)
Cool i will let him know then..Man i cant wait for SNOW to finally come this is the only time that i will be happy to see SNOW lol......I heard it will be faster......Hope they are right.

Back