Mail not seeing some mail...

Brooks

Registered
So, I have two people who send me email that can not be seen in Apple's Mail. I can see the email via webmail so I know it's there and hasn't been caught by the server's spam filter. I also know it's not being caught by my Mail's filter or any specific rules I've made because a simple search of all folders shows nothing.

Some details...
If I forward one of the emails from webmail to myself (any of my few addresses) and cycle Mail, it doesn't show up, but I can see it in webmail and it's marked as read. Now, if I mark the same email as unread in webmaill and go back and cycle Mail, then go back to webmail, it still shows as unread... It's like it tells the server it got it, even though I can't see it, but only the first time.

I'm so perplexed.

Oh, Thunderbird has no issues seeing the emails either.

This is all the same on both my desktop running Tiger and my laptop running Leopard.

Brooks.

Nope.. That didn't work, but thanks for responding. :)

I think I remember someone giving a suggestion about fixing Mail issues over on Apple's forums and the process they described didn't work either.

I'm assuming it's something within the email that's causing this, but the two people I can't see are also on completely different systems, on is using a Mac with Apple's Mail, so that makes it even more frustrating.

By the way.. What's up with the custom avatar function on this site? No matter what I try to upload or link to it says Unable to Save.

Last edited:
OK, I did some more experiments... It seems to be something in the signature. When I forward the email from one of the clients to myself and delete the signature AND the text/html file that is attached, I can see it, bit not if I only delete ONE of those things.

Anyone have an idea?

So, what if you select a different message view from the View > Message menu?

I tried that and you have to have a specific email message selected in order to have that option. Since I can't see the emails, I can't select them so all of the view>message options are grayed out.

Back