Make my windows transparent!

habilis

Ministry of Re-Education
Why do I need to download a haxie to make my windows transparent...

If Apple advertised this function, as, say, a pay-component of Panther, they could sell more hardware.

Yes, of course a few 300MHz iMacs couldn't handle it, but make the option available at least...

I will forever be in a Love/Hate relationship with Apple. ::sleepy:: Kinda like this site.

I want the haxie really bad, but I can't custom my computer becasue it is G3 233Mhz iMac with Mac OS X 10.2.6, which would slow down my computer.

I had to use default that has been set by Apple. I am planning to upgrade this computer to G3 500 Mhz then maybe finally I can custom my computer.

How are you going to upgrade your iMac's processor? Are you going to void your (undoubtedly expired) warranty and use the Mezzanine slot?

Habilis: Email Apple and ask them to include the option for transparent windows as, well, an option. They probably don't have an option because they don't want people enabling it and slowing their computers way down unless they know what they are doing. That's why a lot of potential features in OS X are undocumented or not featured.

Some programs allow you to change the window's transparency, such as Terminal. Most don't The reason is perhaps that such features are generally not widely necessary, and are more flash than substance. The fact that a single haxie is all that's required to get transparent windows for the small number of folks who will actually use this feature is still pretty impressive. However, if you really think this is a value-adding feature that Apple should include in the OS from now on then by all means send them an email or draw up a petition. No one here is likely to have much influence at Apple. Not even arden.

Believe me, I have absolutely no influence on Apple. Even with my questionably authentic contact on the inside (cousin of my friends, supposedly works there, but the doubt is planted in my mind).

Back