Make the screen NOT dimm after a short amount of time...

Ok so I tried removing the widget ( I put it into a different folder) rebooted and still the screen dims on me :(

Any ideas guys? Id like to beat this if possible...

Cheers

Go to System Preferences. Turn off display sleep in Energy Saver preferences. Go to Desktop and Screen Saver and turn on 'Hot Corners' so you can control when the display sleeps. You can even choose a corner so you can roll your mouse there and dim the screen whenever you want.

Laptops have light sensors in them, so you'll also want to turn off auto dimming in Displays.

Joolz34>
Hi, I just went in the system prefs>energy saver and changed the time that it takes to dim, I haven't found a way to actually disable the dimming. And for some reason the mac forgets my settings (that I set for the amount of time before the screen dims)

Joolz34>
I haven't found a way to actually disable the dimming. And for some reason the mac forgets my settings (that I set for the amount of time before the screen dims)

Take a look at the manual page for "pmset"
with attention to the "halfdim and lessbright settings"
Setting halfdim to '0' will disable screen dimming, at least it does for me.
In fact I use an applescript to set "displaysleep, disksleep,and halfdim", and find that my settings will stick better then when I use the powersave pref pane.
jb.

Back