Method Post, Get problem on my webserver

FireFly-NL

Registered
I've put up a webserver on my MacOS X pc, not the server version of X.

I'am running:
- cgi, perl scripts (standard mac os x #!/usr/bin/perl)
- Apache 1.3.20
- php 4.2.1
- MySQL 3.23.39
- Mac OS X (10.1.3)

All seem to work just fine.
I had to strugle a bit with the php/mysql connection... These are however working now.
Just when I think I'am ready for the big forums and sites on my own server I come up against a problem.

When I make a form in a page with any of the two methods (post, get) it will not pass on the variables. The same scripts work in other servers so it is not my scripting power ;)

When I use GET it just seems like nothing happens...
And with POST I get a error message using a Windows 98 client, Mac OS X itself just doesn't work and doesn't give an error either.

ERROR: using the script index.php in /mail/ sending the form data to itself.
404 Not Found
The requested URL /mail/method=post was not found on this server.

I mostly use php and I dont think this is a specific php problem.
I have searched the internet and took a good look at the config files. I still can't find the solution. I only seem to have this problem on my mac os x web server.

PLZ Help :confused:

--
FireFly (Bouwe)

Problem is allready solved...

My test script:
<?php
if ($test) {echo $test;}
else {echo "<FORM action=test.php method=post>
Test: <input type=text name=test>
<input type=submit name=Submit value=Submit></form>"; }
?>

This script worked fine on other servers... On my server nothing happend. Requesting test.php?test=something also did not work.
I got in to cgi a little today (looks a lot like php) and made a test script with a cgi post. It worked just fine. So PHP caused the problem.

I went to some trouble to downgrade form 4.2.1 to 4.1.2.

Restarted the server and everyting works perfect now :D

I am not runnig my webserver in the standard map... And I also allowed .cgi and .pl on the whole server. Doesn't matter anymore, cgi was not the problem. Tnx anyway :)

Now the only problem remains the sendmail part, but I do not have the time to config that one right now. Looks complex on mac os x. I will have a look at that latter is not that importand for my server.

Back