Microsoft Office for Macs

Susan Rowe

Registered
I have installed Microsoft Office for Macs but I cannot open email attachments because a pop up continues to appear telling me that the Microsoft Office test drive has expired, do I want to purchase now? Since I have already purchased and installed this programme, why do I keep getting this message and how can I correct the problem? Although I can open Microsoft office: Word, Power Point, Excel etc from the dock, it cannot be accessed when I try to open an email document that requires this application. Help! Thanks...Susan.......P.S. technical level...a very anxious novice!!!

it sounds like you have two versions installed, the full version (which you have in the dock) and the Test Drive version (which is associated with file launching). look in the applications folder in the finder, are there two folders, one for Office 2004 and one for Office 2004 Test Drive? if so, simple put the test drive in the trash and empty the trash.

Office comes with an uninstaller. It is best to use the uninstaller to uninstall the Test Drive installation.

Try uninstalling the trial version first, then reinstall your version. I'm having lots of trouble with Office 2004 myself.
kami

Back