MSN problem

GUNDAM-RX78

Registered
Hello guys ....

Its your favourite mac rookie back with another problem......

I cant seem to transfer files over the net with p.c owning mates using MSN or AIM,what could be the problem I thought?

So I checked out system preferences headed to sharing and turned on all file sharing options but to no avail.:confused:

Is it my mac or their p.c's I have a feeling it might be me im not sure anyhows if someone has the time to help me it would be cool......

Thanx's again you guys.

MSN: all mac users can't file-transfer... MSN says that we we can, but it isn't

No problem for AIM with me..

What kind of network are you on?

If you're using a router... it might have a built in Firewall that is blocking out bound traffic on a port that messenger or AIM might need. I seemed to remember looking into this at some time, but I gave up.

I was looking for the port that MSN used, but never found what it was. (I don't think) Or if I did, it wasn't a port issue.

So I've never had any luck SENDING fils with MSN, I haven't tried iChat yet.

Most of the files I send are via an ftp client (like Fetch).

Erm im on a japanese provider as thats where I am at the mo.

They are called KDDI and its an adsl connection.

Someone sent me a photo through messanger once biut since then its never worked when I want to send something or vice versa maybe "senne"is right mac users cant ftp through msn?

As for the firewall issue I go to system prefernces (im on osx) and there is an option to turn on/off firewall,is this what you mean evildan?

At the moment everything is off.....firewall etc etc so in my mac newbie mind ftp through msn should be a cert but maybe there is something im missing........

When I attempt a transfer it comes back with something about I may have to contact my provider to enable ftp.....is this true do/can providers block ftp?

Anyhows thanks for the help.

Hope this post will help a bit more:)

I just switch off my firewall (configured by Impasse)and there's no problem sending files via MSN or AOL...

senzo,

You are actually the first person I've heard who can send via MSN.

I have a collection of mac users that have no routers or firewalls who cannot send via the cMSN clients.

Wierd... :confused:

I'm having problems logging in to MSN. I've turned the firewall just to be sure it's not that's stoping me. I recive a message;
"MSN Messager login faild, due to that the service is offline, or please check your internet conection." Well my connection works well, so whats wrong?

Originally posted by Mods_Danne
I'm having problems logging in to MSN. I've turned the firewall just to be sure it's not that's stoping me. I recive a message;
"MSN Messager login faild, due to that the service is offline, or please check your internet conection." Well my connection works well, so whats wrong?

You might not be used to macintosh' MSN messenger, but that's how it works. not. :D

Micro$oft, micro$oft..

I can send and receive files via MSN with most of the people.

I am using an iMac DV 400 with Mac OS X 10.2.3 and MSN Messenger 3.0

I am connected via cable modem, sharing my internet connection with another iMac running Mac OS X 9.2.2. I share it via the Sharing panel in System preferences.

If you're behind a routeur try to find out how to deactive the firewall, in my case I could only deactivate one computer, but I activated the MacOS X's firewall and deactivated some options...

read your routeur's instruction book for more details because I don't remember what I did...

Back