MSN problems

flacochala

I`m in!!
Ive recently downloaded de msn messenger for macos x; my problem is that i cant send files.... every time I try to send a file to a freind, msm says that i must tell to my network administrator to activate the "send file" option.. or something like that.. but I dont know where that option is...

sorry me neither mayb it because of some firewall you have do you have one activated and can you receive files?

i have this exact problem....

i have enabled the msn ports in the osx firewall too

its annoying as i used to use file transfer all the time on my windows machine

any one know how i enable file transfer

Are you using a NAT router? If so, then it's probably the problem. I've had varying success with MSN file transfer, on both the Mac and PC versions. Sometimes it will send and others it won't, even though nothing will have changed.

Captain Code said:
Are you using a NAT router? If so, then it's probably the problem. I've had varying success with MSN file transfer, on both the Mac and PC versions. Sometimes it will send and others it won't, even though nothing will have changed.

i am connected to the internet using a speedtouch modem/router - 3 computers connect to it my g5 a windows xp laptop and an xp desktop file transfer is fine on both windows machines

Noo.. im using an ADSL modem, but i dont think that could be de reason... i would try to reconfigure my ipfirewall, i could be that... ..thanks for the help..

Back