My files are turning into folders!!

twister

Howdy
Attached is a jpeg. Side A is what my folder is supposed to look like. But some files are turning into folders as seen in Side B! If i open that folder then once again i see my files as shown in Side A! WHAT THE????

It's happened a few times in the past few days. Usually with psds. I don't understand!

Also get this. If i right click on my jobs folder in the dock, i get a list of contents, then i go into GG witch holds the files and all you see is the files as shown in Side A. The pop-up menu doesn't show the psd folder.

WEIRD!!!!!!

Twister

It looks like you have "Show Icon Preview" turned on in your Finder View Options. If you turn this feature off does the PSD file still show up as a folder sometimes?

Yes i have Show Icon Preview on. If i turn it off i don't know what happens. Maybe i'll try that. The weird thing is it's not just the icon. It's actually now a full blown folder with a copy of my files inside it.

Twister

Wow, might be some directory damage going on. You should repair the disk ASAP as a precaution.

Probably caused by whatever theme software you have running, that folder icon is not a OSX standard icon that i've ever seen, must be provided by theme software. If not, try some of the software that removes your cache files...Sometimes that will fix strange appearance problems also. ;)

Hummm my theme software? For icons i'm using Xpresson. Never thought that'd do anything like this. Worth a look into though

Ah,yes Xpression! Doesn't that change your default icon set? Some users of Xpression are reporting problems with that. try removing it.

I un-installed Xpression at the beginning of the month and had no problems. Today i was saving photoshop files as jpegs and it my jpegs and psds turned into folders again!!! What the hell?! All my work is safe but now i end up with a crap load of copies and psd and jpeg files that are actually folders.

AHHHHH

Back