Nano File Transfer Troubles (OSX/Win)

cgp314

Registered
Hello,

My situation is this: my home computer is a macbook and my work computers are various windows boxen. I have an ipod nano on which I would like to store some files that I can use on all the machienes. Now I've selected the 'use as disk' option in itunes, but that only lets me use the ipod on my mac. If I use it on a win box, I get a this-disk-is-not-formated error.

Now, I played around with the disk utility, and I can format my ipod as MSDOS files system. This allows me to share files, but I can't use the ipod for music anymore AND itunes asks to reset the ipod to factory settings which puts me back in the above paragraph.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get my ipod to transfer files on both systems and play music?

Thank you in advance for your time and help,

-Colin

Well, since no one seems to know the answer to my question, could someone tell me if it is possible to move files in this way? Is there anyone out there who uses an ipod nano to moves files between a mac and a pc?

Thanks,

-Colin

Well today Apple release a software update for certain iPods so this would be possible.

Back