Need a b00st loading a kernel module

anothertwitch

Registered
Greetz All!

I am hacking around with an old bt848 based stb tv tuner (PCI).

I have iTV (a little tv watching/capture app and kernel driver)

It's from someone in Germany I believe -- anyway, I can't seem to get the driver loaded. I figure this has something to do with my level of ignorance and inexperience.

I am usiing kextload as follows:

Opticon:~ root# kextload /Volumes/working_image/Applications/itv/bt8xx.kext/
kextload: extension /Volumes/working_image/Applications/itv/bt8xx.kext is not authentic
Opticon:~ root#

As you can see, it claims the kernel extension is not authentic.

Being rather new to the bsd-ish, Darwinish, os x flavor of the unix world (long time solaris & linux user though), I feel ill equipped to approach troubleshooting this without some solid advice from you all.

Any help or pointers to doc would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

Be Well,
James

Is there some unknown majick to making line-in work? I have an old apple mic which works great on the SB16 line-in on my PC, but cant seem to get any input level indication on any of the software I've used (system prefs/sound and audacity, now itv).

I managed to get iTV working by loading the kext structure into the kernel by ID String as opposed to pathname; I've got excellent video, many scanned channels, and even found an ancient old patch cord for the audio-out to line-in patch, and guess what- no audio!

This is the same bt848 tv card I had in the same pc the mic works on ;^) and it works great audio and all over on the pc...

surely the line-in on my mac is not defective?!??!!??! its brand spanky new!

Any suggestions?

Back