Need a new printer – what plays nicely with Panther?

Lyra

Registered
My old HP2100N is slowly dying – so far I've always been able to resuscitate it but it's getting worse and I'm thinking it's time for a new printer, while it's still working at all. I prepare camera-ready copy for a living, so I need a reasonably fast mono laser printer: I know most people don't like HP but I've never had any problems with it (via a Farallon EtherMac iPrint adapter), other than not being prepared to pay the exorbitant price HP charge for extra RAM, but I don't want to get something that gives me problems in Panther.

Anyone got a newish printer – or at least one that's still on the market (in the UK) – that they and Panther are happy with? Dual 1.25 G4, running 10.3.2, BTW.

I use an Epson C60 (no longer in production, I think) and have been very happy with it. Dind't even have to set it up. I just pluged it in and it was recognized. I would asume newer epson printers owuld work as well.

I use a Canon low line printer and I have used though all versions of OS X will no problems.

I have a brother 1670N, Epson 820 and new Epson 925, all work great on all flavors of OS X.

Back