Need Help Please, Powerbook 12"

metfuel

Registered
Okay last night i was working on my powerbook with imovie and idvd and noticed it was going a little slow. I left it up and running plugged in like i do once and awhile. When I woke up his morning I heard the hard drive really working hard and I could'nt get the display to come up ( i had the display turned of), and I noticed that the hard drive has a humming noise to it. I then held the start button down to force it down, and then it wouldnt get past the apple. I got it to start once and it froze up. Now it wont start again. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Try booting from the CD (hold the 'c' key down while booting). After booting from CD go to Menu and open Disk Utility. Run 'Repair Disk' after choosing the hard drive you want to repair. Also run repair disk permissions.

If that doesn't fix it you could try a program such as Disk Warrior. If that fails, your had drive may be toast. If it's still under your apple warranty send it to them, if the above suggestions fail.

Oh-Oh! This whole stuff sounds very familiar to me. I am sorry, but I ended up in reinstalling everything. I hope you will be more successful..

I can't boot from any cd or anything :(
I called apple and they are dispatching a box to me.
It's still under the one year warranty am i going to get charged I forgot to ask.

probably... stupid apple with there crappy support.
you shoud be able to boot from a CD.
try booting into Single user mode (i forget how, someone post it), and type
fsck -y
it will repair stuff
do it 2 or 3 times and try to boot...

Back