NEED Print Driver ASAP

twister

Howdy
Any clue where i could find a print driver for a HP officejet g85? Its our new printer at work and if i cant get X to print its back to 9

Twister:(

probably not for a very long time as HP doesn't like mac os x so they aren't supporting it really. i have written them offical letters, called on phone and even threatened with class action suites. they just do not care about mac os x.

As a corporation, HP is bleeding quite badly. They're attempting to purchase Compaq (God only knows what ill-intentioned reasons are lurking in Carly Fiorina's mind) and they are laying-off hordes of people in many IT deparments and processor development. Hell, they STOPPED making and developing ALL calculators in their handheld devision. This is what happens when you let beaurocrats run a company instead of the great scientists who created it. It all comes down to pleasing the stockholder. And HP is going to go where the money can be made, where 95% of the computer market is [*cough*, hack, M$]. Ever wonder why you never see a printer or scanner driver from HP for Linux? Expect the same attitude and effort for Mac OS X. Mac OS X is very similar to Linux/UNIX. You make one driver for it and it can be decomplied and ported to other clone OS's. I don't expect much from HP these days.

I was able to find an alpha driver for my HP Deskjet 1220C from HP's website, and it works very well.

Originally posted by serpicolugnut
But for some stupid reason, HP hasn't posted it on their website. Macintouch has reports of people receiving CD's with the OS X HP G85 drivers on them, but their webiste doesn't have them. It just says "
Mac software available on CD only"...

No wonder why HP is bleeding money.

From what I read, if you call HP tech support, they will send you a CD.

Here's the (useless) link
http://www.hp.com/cposupport/prodhome/hpofficeje22051.html

http://www.macintouch.com/mosxreaderreports66.html

Thanks. I called and they wont let me download them beceause of third prarty software that comes with the drivers. But i can order the CD and i have to pay s&h. But i got tired of being on hold so i just forward my info to the boss I'll let him do it.

Twister

Belive it or hot HP was pretty good help. I can now print. The main problem was to print over our network we needed a jetdirect 175x print server. Ohh and the CD with the X drivers. But the CD arrived in less than 24 hours and for free. Now everything is slick.

Twister

i may believe, that the officejet works, if you have a HP Printserver with Ethernet Connections to the Macs!... but my HP office jet G55 has only a USB connector and i don't believe, that it ever will work under Mac OS X (10.1.2), because HP will be closed soon!.... (so i interpretate there lame website, their drivers, their support and their Comments)....

and i (as a home user) am not interestet, in "buying" a god damned "Printserver" from Hp, just, that i can use the offi as a "Printer" or in the best case as a Scanner..... (for making Copies, i don't know, why i should need a Computer! And for ReadIris i have no use)....

but for 777.- Swissfrancs and 5 times the promise, that it will work under Mac OS X, i can expect something more, than 7monts (5 times wrong promises), then one absolutely unfunctionally driver and to good less, a sacking Company who cares a fuck about their qualified employees in their buerocratic dismanagements!...

sorry, its loss

tazmandevil i cant email you any more. the mail just gets returned. In regards to your last eamil:

I'll see what i can do. It may take a little while.
I'm busy here today. Ohh and all the files i think i
have are availabe on the HP website. Under the G85
Printer. If that helps.

Twister

ah, there you are :)

yes, my mailbox was full! I have erased it right now!

to the HP website.... hm, it would be a little help, if you could say me, which link, do you mean?... (there are too much..)... *seufz*....

Back