new emac update very very soon?

Come onnnnn $500 headless unit =)

...I don't think there's any chance they would be able to keep up with demand =)

blue&whiteman said:
I used to have a 6400/180 performa and bought it because I wanted a tower but didn't have the cash for the powermacs which I think at the time was 9600/early G3 (beige). its a market apple should go into again.

Ooh... I don't ever want Apple to return to a time like that... Gil Amelio really screwed the product line, and one of the major reasons that Apple started slipping fast before Job's return was that the product line was so convoluted -- you had the 7500, 7600, 8500, 8550, 8600, 9500, 9550, 9600, and the Performa series. It was much too complicated, and the numbers didn't mean anything -- Apple realised that a proprietary numbering system was hurting them. Steve Jobs immediately cut the line down to very distinguishable lines. The only difference is that those machines listed cost much more than $2000 in their time.

Prices on Macintosh computers keeps falling in tune with the rest of the industry. You can get more now than you ever could from Apple, at much more reasonable prices. Just for example, a Macintosh IIfx could cost an upward of $10,000 in its day. A product line that tries to fill every little crevice in the computer world is sure to fail -- you can't do it all. I think having the product line split into "consumer" and "pro," and "desktop" and "portable" under those is great, even if it means a little less of a choice.

You all will hate me for saying this. I want Apple to re-release a Cube design but be $1,100 or less. Even releasing a limited series would be cool. :cool:

I liked the cube. I hope they release some kind of out there limited edition model soon, they're always cool.

Personally I don't like the current G4 eMacs. I don't know what the later ones are but I didn't like the build quality of the 800MHz models. If you turned up the volume too much you got shockwaves in the monitor etc.

ElDiabloConCaca: I hear what you're saying but i'm not talking about powermacs. i'm talking about performas. there were far fewer models to be confused by.

my 6400/180 was an awesome system

Back