• 512MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2x256
• 250GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
• ATI Radeon 9600 Pro
• Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 74 (17" CRT) - Black
• AirPort Extreme Card
• SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• Apple Keyboard & Apple Mouse - U.S. English
• Mac OS X - U.S. English

notice it says apple keyboard and apple mouse, and NOT apple PRO keyboard and apple PRO mouse, like:

Summary
• 1.25GHz w/ 1MB L3 Cache
• 512MB DDR333 SDRAM (PC2700) -1 DIMM
• 160GB Ultra ATA drive
• Optical 1 - Apple SuperDrive (DVD-R/CD-RW)
• Optical 2 - None
• NVIDIA GeForce4 Titanium dual-display w/128MB DDR
• 56K internal modem
• Apple Pro Keyboard - U.S. English
• Mac OS - U.S. English

Ugh, why don't they just change the 1-button mouse already!?!
Cut a deal with Logitech or Microsoft, both have 5-button mice that match the design of the G5 PowerMac perfectly...

The new mouse is not the same. It's slightly modified so that it doesn't have the pointless dial on the bottom anymore. :p

btw, I saw the new keyboard and mouse irl on an iMac, and I really prefer the old keyboard a lot more. :D It's a lot nicer than the new one.

Originally posted by Ricky
The new mouse is not the same. It's slightly modified so that it doesn't have the pointless dial on the bottom anymore. :p

btw, I saw the new keyboard and mouse irl on an iMac, and I really prefer the old keyboard a lot more. :D It's a lot nicer than the new one.

Actually, it's not completely pointless.

From my experience...

Moving it to the + makes the mouse easier to move, but harder to click on if it's on a hard, flat surface.

Moving it to the - makes the mouse easier to click, but harder to move when on a hard, flat surface.

The differences are slight, and the improvement of + over - is marginal, but it's not completely useless.

Ofcourse, I could be just be imagining this, and the +0 and - might be for something totally different, but I think I'm right.

Cut a deal with Microsoft! Yeah right.

Hehe...

But I agree. Apple should definitely offer a multiple-button mouse as an option at least. I think they should also make their keyboards multimedia keyboards, with programmable buttons at the top, like other computer makers.

The dial on the bottom adjusts the hardness of the clicking mechanism. It's subtle, but if you have an especially heavy or light hand, it's helpful.

I think we're gonna see a new mouse and keyboard, possibly bluetooth enabled.

I read that there is code for this in the foreign versions of Panther, but I haven't looked personally.

Do you know why Microsoft and everyone else came out with a two-button mouse?

Because Apple has the patent on a one-button mouse.

i like 2 clicks better..... that way i can use one hand to do a lot of things. But i love the look of the pro mouse (i have one!), but looks can be descieving.
The pro mouse needs a scroll wheel though!

logitech needs to pair up with apple to make the pro mouse split halfway down so it still has the same feel, but two button like that. and also scroll in b/w

i have a logitech mouse:)

that's a good idea! logitech is the best compay for mice, in my opinion.

Fireworks FX should team up with apple to do wonderful things!

yeah i had a logitech trackman wheel wireless..and it broke lol.........not too great. but it was great while it lasted. now im with a microsoft wheel mouse optical...and this one kicks ass, but i'd rather it NOT be microCRAP. im sure logitech has an equivilent...if not better.

Kensington do great mice, and they are always first to get their drivers out (where right there the minute OS X came out!)

Actually, Microsoft's mice are made by HP. MS just puts their name on them...

I really would like to see Apple strike a deal with Kensington to have them make an Apple Multi-Button ScrollWheel Pro Mouse, and offer it as a BTO option on all Macs, and make it standard equipment on the PowerMac.

I fully understand keeping a one button mouse for the consumer models. But for the Power Mac, which is a pro machine, there's no getting around needing a second button and a scrollwheel. The OS supports it, so let's have an Apple branded option...

I have a Kensington cordless mouse at work. Has 2 main buttons, a sensor track pad and a smaller button below that in the middle.

Love it!

Has the grey look to it as well. ;-)

So what does the new "G5" keyboard look like? I'm used to typing on the B & W keyboard that is not quite the full-size keyboard that comes with the G4. The B & W keyboard is missing the Home, Insert, Delete, Page Up, Page Down keys.

Logitech mice themselves are nice, but their software is a nightmare. Kensington's stuff is nice, and their software is the best I've ever seen. Only problem with the Kensington mice, which they seem to refuse to address but would have to for Apple, is that the button clicks are too damn hard. Adjustability would be nice.

Apple really does need a multi-button mouse, or at least a wheel. OS X has such nice native support for both second buttons and wheels. I want to see what Steve Jobs uses at his desk.

Back