New macs ship with IE?

bjurusik

Registered
What does everyone think? I'm sure for a while they will, since Safari is only a public beta edition. But once it hits 1.0, do you think IE will still come preinstalled? I'm guessing not. Just to add, I think safari is great. I'm still using chimera till safari hits 1.0. Hopefully by then it'll have tabs and better keychain password storing, the less typing the better!

Apple's contract with Microsoft to ship Macs with IE ran up awhile ago. That's probably about when they started work on Safari. New Macs will probably ship with IE because I don't think Apple ships computer with betaware but at some point I expect it to replace IE.

i'd say by this time next year IE will be an afterthought on the mac platform. MS hasn't put anything into 5.x in ages. Apple will make safari a top notch program, and unless MS really gets their butts in gear, i don't see the program sticking around when safari goes 1.0

when do they ship the final release of safari anyway? do they have a quota of how many bugs they need first or a date?

are they even going to look through the bugs?

My optimistic guess would be that Safari goes 1.0 by the time the new PowerBooks start shipping... but I suppose that's too optimistic, eh? I wonder what those will ship with?

I think Safari will be free when it reaches the final release... And at that time, it will be shipped with new Mac. I dun think Apple will ship beta applications with new Mac.

they'd be crazy to charge for a browser. browsers just don't sell well. there are too many free options, and people will not want to pay for one.

Back