New PowerMac tower's picture (much clear)

Do you like the new PowerMac G4's looking?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

ddma

The Most Stupid Member
new_tower.jpg

hmmmm...

I saw some unclear pic floating around here but none of them are as clear as this one, right? ;)

My friend found it somewhere and sent it to me.

Yes...
This looks much nicer than the other pictures!
I knew Apple couldn't make it THAT wrong!

Why can't we get more little Cubes and more computers with just one block ? Towers are part of what I dislike in IBM world.

But of COURSE, if that's the price to pay to get faster machines, well… I voted yes.
:)

Originally posted by dave17lax
cool! domino storage at the bottom! aw but only 4, not a whole set.

what is domino storage?

can't wait till they release it, I sold my iMac just to get this one. Anyone know when it will be?

It should be released sometime in August hopefully time before Jaguar ship. It should come with 10.2 pre-loaded.

In my opinion this is a hoax..it looks to much as an Quicksilver. I think (hope) Apple will come up with a new kind of case color...hope to see the first one on the Apple Expo in Paris...:eek:

I hope they don't move away from the basic tower that was introduced with the blue & white G3 towers, because it's perfect functionality mixed with beauty. So, yes! I love the white tower.

This image is posted on SpyMac. The contributor does not explicitly claim that it is authentic. Neither does the contributor identify the image as an artist's rendition, which it clearly is.

could be upside down. those vents could allow warm air to escape the top since heat rises.

i dont like the look of the vents. i also think its stupid to have a white prosystem. the imac is white, powermacs are silver. the white/silver combo looks like crap.

It looks a lot like Blue & White, the G4 and Quicksilver, but i never hated that design. The white 'main' color seems cool, so i checked 'yes'.

Originally posted by metfoo
could be upside down. those vents could allow warm air to escape the top since heat rises.

i dont like the look of the vents. i also think its stupid to have a white prosystem. the imac is white, powermacs are silver. the white/silver combo looks like crap.

It's not upside down. The power button points up.

Twister

Originally posted by metfoo

Those aren't exhaust vents on the front, they're intake vents.

Like most computer cases, the air intake is in front on the bottom and the exhaust is in back a little higher.

The idea is to bring cool air in and over the CPU and hardware then expel it out the back. The internal design of ATX cases allows for this.

If you have a PC with proper ventilation, put your had over the intake on the front. I feels cool, because of the vacuum being created.

The difference between that picture and the current tower is too small for me to really care about. If the new powermac looked like an iMac or something else completely different than I would be really interested.

Back