New Support Software, Site Layout

ScottW

Founder
Staff member
MacOSX.com is proud to announce a new technical support system which integrates into our existing forum user database. This means, you only have one account to post on the forum and post in the support system. Since sessions are handled seamlessly throughout the site, once you login, you are free to rove.

With this new addition comes a revised layout for the entire site. We are making every effort to present the information you need in a format well suited for navigation and for your eyes.

We hope you enjoy the new site.

I have been trying to add a new response to help I was receiving on question/problem #41369…the last response by your staff was on 3-16-05. The link provided in the email defaults to your home page and I can't find the thread with my question and your staff's 2 responses. Can you help?

That really blows…I wrote a long and detailed description of the continuing trouble I have with the Disk Utility's permissions repairing feature on my G4 iMac. I wrote it on 3-15. That was a week after I received the MacOSX email dated 3-7 introducing your new support program. It took a week for me to gather all the info (incidents and repair attempts) so that I could "provide as detailed as possible description" as suggested at the top of your new question form. I included PDFs of the utility reports and the crash log. I don't think I'll try again…another week has gone by while futilely trying to add to the 3-16 dialog and, apparently, there's no guarantee that you wont strand me again with another whimsical change to the support program. :(

We want to provide our users the best possible support, which means having the right software. We quickly realized our old software was not going to cut it and that many users where confused by using two accounts. In a effort to better support our volunteer techs and keep things simple for our users, we rapidly changed software to the new system. We understand your frustration, but in the end, it had to be done.

We won't have any more "whimsical" changes. The third one was the charm. :)

Back