news reader for osx

kafene

Registered
what's a good newsreader for osx? i'm currently using MT-NewsWatcher ver. 2.4.4 and 3.1. i don't have a problem w/ these, but i just wanted one that runs native in x.

i like the way these download software files and the way it's organized. anything like this for osx?

kafene

and somewhat related... anyone know how to post file segments to usenet in these programs? i can do messages, but don't know how to repost what i've downloaded.

i can't remember the name of it but there is a newswatcher style newsreader for osx. there are actually several osx native newsreaders. look for them by category at www.macupdate.com and/or www.versiontracker.com the best one so far in my opinion is thoth. i'm still waiting for hogwasher to go native and will stick with it since it runs in classic beautifully.

and all your better newsreaders these days should support drag and drop for adding file attachements.

newsflash is a fairly nice app, minimal but clean... It's open source, therefore free, which is nice. it's beta right now, a few details will need fixing before it's really great. Anyway, checking it out doesn't cost anything...

I liked Newsflash when it first came out, but a new alpha hasn't been updated in a long time (although they still seem to be active) and the bugs began to get annoying. Does it have much in the way of binaries support? I can't remember.

Back