Next gen iMacs G5 CONFIRMED!

I have a feeling these babies will be a bit different or they will be coming out at 2.0 ghz and above. Of course they will be single cpu. The reason is that they metioned in the conference call how they are up to speed with 1.6 and 1.8 chips but will be caught up at Q1 at things above that. If they only shipped 61,000 imacs last quarter it's a bit strange that they don't have anything ready. So, the imacs may have something like a cell chip or somethin. In the conference call they kept saying that they believe the chips will be ready for them to allow for shipment(air frieght) sometime in september 2 months. If it was only the chips, though they kept saying it was the most critical component. I can't believe they don't have enough 1.25 or 1.5 ghz chips availalbe now. So, the only logical conclusion is that they are waiting for something totally new or they really want to get these bad boys out at 2.0ghz or greater.

Yeah lets hope there are a whole bunch of components to so the all in one bashers can finally stop complaining.:rolleyes:

markceltic said:
Yeah lets hope there are a whole bunch of components to so the all in one bashers can finally stop complaining.:rolleyes:
Seems that you can never satisfy a mac user unless you agree with them and/or speculate just like them.

so...

<speculate>

It'll be white.

</speculate>

i have 100% proof that it will be powered by the heat from a human body, matrix-style, and that a source of bodies is the delay.

$1299's my guess, but I'm thinking $1499 may be more realistic.

Also, does anyone else find it weird or has anyone else noticed that Apple sells remarkably whole, even-numbered amounts of their hardware? They sold 860,000 iPods. Not 859,437. Not 76. Not 900,002. 860,000 exactly. Scary. ;)

i think it's probably rounded. or they make even amounts, and the ones in retails stores are seen as sales. or they were out of stock, and that meant they sold all the units produced, a round number.

I wonder if they will have the screen attached again. Wouldn't mind, if you can buy the apple cinema screens for the iMac. But then this would mean >17inch. Maybe the eMacs will be for the ?17inch screen fraction

Yeah, but Apple should tell those factories to make as many iPods as they CAN, not some round number, since they _knew_ they'd be sold out. ;-) ... Rounded number is my guess, too.

But that iMac G5: It's certainly going to raise the sales of iMacs... Guess the gap between the iMac and the PowerMac was a bit _too_ big recently.

gah! now I don't know whether to go ahead with my PowerMac purchase, or hold out for the new iMac.

If the new iMacs look as good as the last lot, I definitely prefer one of them, and I don't really need the full power of the PowerMac.

I'm getting ready to kiss my tax refund goodbye already. :)
Sort of figured the G5 iMacs would be close by this time of the year.

lnoelstorr said:
gah! now I don't know whether to go ahead with my PowerMac purchase, or hold out for the new iMac.

If the new iMacs look as good as the last lot, I definitely prefer one of them, and I don't really need the full power of the PowerMac.

I agree, I don't need the full power of the G5 tower. I am holding out saving my pennies for the iMac G5. My opinion is Apple will keep the same style, maybe (hopefully) change the white to the now famous G5 silver. Then again, that may be ugly on an Imac, not sure. I have put a lot of thought into my next Mac purchase, even through the G5 with a 20" display would be sweet, i really don't need it. For now, I am using my PB and see what the iMac brings. :confused:

Pengu said:
i think it's probably rounded. or they make even amounts, and the ones in retails stores are seen as sales. or they were out of stock, and that meant they sold all the units produced, a round number.

Perhaps I should have included the old <sarcasm> </sarcasm> tags in my post... ;) I don't really think they sold amounts perfectly divisible by 1,000... I was just kidding around.

Back