Nightly Camino

bookmarks work/look a bit better.
i love the new DL mgr. sweet!

don't know if any others noticed this, but when I upgraded to Panther, Camino 0.7 would have a small graphical glitch when you added new tabs. that seems to be fixed in the nightly release as well.

bravo.

I love tabs in this browser. They look much cooler. However no check spelling as i type. Oh well. it's a good alternate to that huge honkin mozilla. Thanks for telling me to try Camino again. I almost forgot about it.

I keep going back and forth between Camino and Safari (1.1.1). The latter still has HTTPS problems so I'm back to this new improved Camino. Faster, still exploring.

it would be great if apple just implemented check spelling as you go as a system wide service sometime

The Gecko browsers have a few things over the KHTML ones. They seem to do Unicode better, at least a few sites give that impression. You can search for text over tag boundaries, which Safari doesn't do. And Camino has a great feature of moving a tab to a new window. I'm stuck at work where I use Mozilla on XP. So it's great to see Camino on the move again.

Heck, Safari still can't get the screen size right. I have to adjust it every time I startup! You'd think...

Camino is cool, but why can't they add an option to allow you to choose your download location? I've been making due with Firebird because I just don't like the auto download "features" of Camino and Safari. And Safari doesn't seem to print pages properly anyway. :(

btoth said:
Camino is cool, but why can't they add an option to allow you to choose your download location? I've been making due with Firebird because I just don't like the auto download "features" of Camino and Safari. And Safari doesn't seem to print pages properly anyway. :(

You can specify your default download location in Camino's preferences. You can also specify where to download a file to on an individual basis by control-clicking (or right-clicking) on the download link and selecting "download link target."

-JARinteractive

twister said:
thanks for the tip jarinteractive.

Now about that spelling as i type? how to i implement that? :)

Well, you could always submit a patch, after all it is open-source :D Or you could put that in as a feature request, but It probably wouldn't make it in until after 0.8 is released. No quick easy tip for spell check :(

-JARinteractive

To bad CocoaSpell is gone. Temporarily. But who knows when it'll be back. Anyone wanna share it with me?

To all you Camino users. Do you find Camino faster than Firebird? I know that load times are faster in Camino, and it is prettier. But i feel once Firebird is up and running, it flies past Camino. I found that Camino doensn't display a few pages correctly, i think some Flash things, that firebird does.
Is there a difference between the two browsers 'guts' (for lack of a more techical word)? I don't know anything about how they are made, or what they are based on.

MBHockey said:
To all you Camino users. Do you find Camino faster than Firebird? I know that load times are faster in Camino, and it is prettier. But i feel once Firebird is up and running, it flies past Camino. I found that Camino doensn't display a few pages correctly, i think some Flash things, that firebird does.
Is there a difference between the two browsers 'guts' (for lack of a more techical word)? I don't know anything about how they are made, or what they are based on.

Both Camino and Firebird use the Gecko rendering engine (Mozilla also uses it). I find them both to be relatively fast, but I prefer Camino.

-JARinteractive

MBHockey said:
To all you Camino users. Do you find Camino faster than Firebird?
There is another feature than speed that I appreciate in Camino: you can move a tab to a new window. This is useful if you want to go through a number of magazine sites, and find that one of them has lots of interesting articles. You can at first open all the magazines in tabs, then pull one with lots of good stuff out of the first window into its own, and open all the good pages there.

Back