Not sure how to upgrade xcode and dashboard

MrChrisMMiller

Registered
Greetings, I'm in the process of using AppFresh to update software on my MacBook.

It is flagging the following:

-xcode 3.2.2
-dashboard 3.0.2

I believe these are developer tools and I do see the dashboard under the Apps directory.

I'm not sure what would be the best way to upgrade these.

If anyone can advise on the best way to upgrade, this would be awesome.

thanks

Xcode is downloaded through the developer site, and the current version is 3.2.2
http://developer.apple.com/technologies/xcode.html

Not sure about the Dashboard. The version that is standard in OS X 10.6.5 is version 1.7
You would have to check in your own developer tools to see if there is a Dashboard tool that is listed in that appfresh utility with that version.
Updates can be done directly through appfresh for a lot of apps, or click on your Software Update to update your Apple system software and apps. If any are available from Apple, they should appear in Software Update.

Tried to upgrade from AppFresh and looks like I have to get access to the OS X website to do it.

I'm tethered to my Android phone right now and its having issues hitting up against that site, so I'll have to try later.

thanks

Dashboard isn't part of the Developer Tools, it's part of the basic OS X installation. So I guess you're not using the latest version of OS X. Apple released 10.6.6 just a few days ago, so maybe that's why.

Back