Opening CD drawer on an iMac G4

wsharshon

Registered
I recently had some bad episodes after using Drive Genius (DG) on both an iMac G4 (dome) and a Power Book G4. Tech Support at DG offered little to no help. They told me to update the version, which I did, and DG seemed to work fine for awhile.

The PB is still under warranty, and when all I got was a black screen with code on it, MAC tech support helped me to get things running. Although the PB is still not fully functional, it's getting there. Now that things in my business are slowing down for awhile, I plan to initialize the PB and get back to normal from scratch.

Here's the problem now: I ran DG on the Dome (iMac G4) about a week ago. I did an optimization, then a repair, then left the Dome asleep with DG on as the start-up disc. Later, my wife restarted, but couldn't get the hard drive to restart. It only opened with DG as the start up disk.

I can't eject DG, and it's the only thing that I can open. Yikes! I'd like to get DG out forevermore. Is there a physical way to eject DG? If so, I can slip in the OS X install disk and save some files that I don't want to lose.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions and help.

Back