Opera for MAC

johnwindishjr

Registered
Hi,
I work with a macintosh user and they use Opera Version 8.52 to view internet. In order to log into the website my company provides you need 128 bit excryption, and this was all well and good until this week. Prior to monday, the person was logging into our site with Opera, no problems whatsoever, until it stopped all of a sudden. Can somebody help me understand what happened?

'Can somebody help me understand what happened?' - what is the web site url?, can you provide a 'test' code? - so as to see if others can access the (unknown) site via their copies of Opera (of varying versions) to determine if it is a 'Mac' problem, an 'Opera' problem, etc.?

Also, I doubt anyone 'understands what happened' to an (unknown) individuals Mac with reference to accessing an (unknown) web site. No model number of the Mac, hardware setup of the Mac system with respect to its internet connection (cable, dsl, land line, etc.), router (if one is used) configuration, version of the Mac's OS, configuration of the OS, configuration of ' 'Opera', recent changes to the hardware / software / OS (since last week), etc. were provided.

Stinz- Opera is a web browser, available for all sorts of operating systems, including Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile phones.

johnwindishjr- It's really hard for us to solve a problem with such general information. Could you just try accessing the site with another Mac browser such as Safari, FireFox, Camino, or iCab?

Here is my problem. I am working with a customer on this, so getting info on OS, hardware, versions has proven to be difficult as the customer is not very savvy. Do any of these other browsers support 128 bit encryption? That is the key for this whole thing. As for supplying a test login, that I cannot do as it is a HealthInsurance Website and HIPPA Compliancy will not allow me to give a test login. I will look into the other info that was requested and re-post it.

John

I will look into Camino, however Firefox is only supporting 64 bit encryption, and not the necessary 128 bit required for my companies site. Thank you for the words of help. Do you happen to have a link for download of Camino? Thanks again.

http://www.caminobrowser.org/

Nerdy info: Camino is another Mozilla product that has the same "Gecko" rendering engine that FireFox has, but Camino is wrapped in Mac OS X-native "Cocoa" code-base. Very fast, very Mac-like.

EDIT: A lot of this discussion is moot if the user in question is using an old Mac OS 9 system... I might actually suggest Internet Explorer if the user were running OS 9 and not Mac OS X

Back