OS X software for creating a .ISO file?

drunkmac

has a mac beyond repair
I have a really rare Playstation One game I want to back up. No, not pirate it because I paid for it. It's just really rare and I wanna make sure that if it get's scratched up, I have a 2nd copy ready to burn and play on my old PSONE with a pro action replay. I need a non-command line, OS X, utility, tool, piece of software or whatever thatll turn a CD into a .ISO file. Thank you.

Not sure about Jaguar, but in Panther...

Launch Disk Utility
Images > New > Blank Image

I don't remember the rest but this gets you started. You may also be able to command-click the inserted CD and perform the same task.

Unless your PSX is chipped, you won't be able to burn a disc and play it. If it is chipped, just use Disk Utility to create a CD/DVD master (.cdr) image of the CD.

Pro Action Replay is a plugin mod-chip for backups and imports. I have an older PSONE (the grey kind) and I use it to play Thrill Kill and stuff. Thanks. Ill try the disk utility method.

dear Mac users,

i am also stuck with this, when i try to make a backup image of my psx game like this;

1. insert disc
2. start disc utility
3. create new image (cd/dvd master)

i get a error message saying (input/output error)

is there someone with experience?

thanks in advance!

You cannot use Disk Utility to pirate software. It is a violation of the rules of this forum to discuss pirating software. It is also a violation of the rules of this forum for anyone to help you pirate software.

Back