Osx Tiger 10.4.8 Freezes When Being Installed...

newmacuser1982

Registered
I Have An Ibook (late 2001) And Have Ran Diskwarrior 4. I'm Tryin To Install Osx Tiger 10.4.8 But After It Reaches 46%-47% Complete, It Freezes. Is There A Way To Fix This Problem W/o Sending It In?

Please Any Feedback Would Help.
Thnx

Are you sure that your discs are not dirty or scratched? Check them out and try the installation again after you've cleaned them (if they're not scratched).

Never Used Disk Before...no Scratches Or Marks...each Time I Start Installing It, It Stops At The Same Place...the Second Time I Tried Installing It, It Stated There Were Errors And To Restart And Install Again...restarted It And Won't Disk Won't Boot Up

During the installation do you hear any steady repetitive clicks from the hard drive, especially at the point where you say it fails? I'm wondering if maybe the hard drive is probably failing.

New hard drive. The only sounds are from the drive where its reading the disk and the Mac Techs says sounds are normal. My computer started having this problem only after I had installed a wireless service due to the area I'm at there is no AirPort Base or no service. Due to my computer no longer being under warranty, they are unable to help me over the phone.

Are you using a retail version of OS X Tiger? The retail versions of Tiger have a black background with a silver "X" on it. If it's a gray disc then that might be the reason for your problems. The gray discs are OEM discs that only work with the systems they ship with, and Tiger was not the default OS shipped with that iBook when it was introduced. You need to get yourself a retail version of OS X Tiger which will install on any capable Macintosh.

Its the osx CD. Replace it or ask someone who has one. I had the same problem once. I used my friends and worked like a charm. also, you need to have at least 512mb of memory on that ibook to run the os.

Back