PC to Mac internet problem

Mac Boy

Registered
Hello, I have set a network up between my PC with Win XP Pro and my G5 OSX. My PC connects to the internet through a broadband modem, and I want to be able to access the internet on my MAC. The funny thing is that I can see the network (that I set up on the PC) in the network folder on the MAC, but I can't access the internet.

I went into the System Preferences on the MAC and went into Network. It says that the Ethernet connection has no IP address and may not be able to connect to the internet. So I went in and added the IP address of my Local Area Connection on my PC. That didn't work, so I tried the IP address of my broadband modem on my PC, but that didn't work either. So I am stuck....

If anyone could give me some help, it would be much appreciated.

The funny thing is that I have set up this exact connection before with the same computers. On that occassion, I just set up the network on the PC and plugged in the cables and the MAC could access the internet, there was no mucking around. I had to format my PC and put Win XP back on and now I am in a pickle...Thanks

Did you setup the connection share on your XP machine? Everything else seems to be fine. You have access to your pc..
Now you only need to share your broadband connection to the lan. Of course, your broadband connection should have an automatic ip but your lan connection should have a fixed one so your mac can use it as a gateway or router.
Simply open the window (in WinXP) with all network connections, right-click the broadband connection and in the last tab you will find the firewall options and the sharing. Share it to your lan and everything should work.
Good luck!

Back