Perl and Camel Bones probs

Mikel

Registered
I had Perl running fine with the terminal and thought it would be nice to experiment with a graphic interface and so downloaded Camel Bones.

Welp, I got Camel Bones and tried the usual "Hello World" primer program to see if it would work. Sadly, I had over 70 parsing errors and stuff regarding OS X 10.3. Worse yet, my Perl modules that I have installed prior to Camel aren't recognized (I had to reinstall ReadKey and Screen [at least]).

Tell me you have an answer. Somebody.

Did it install a 2nd perl somewhere?

Look at the shebang line of the generated scripts to see which perl it it pointing at...

TommyWillB said:
Did it install a 2nd perl somewhere?

Look at the shebang line of the generated scripts to see which perl it it pointing at...

I never used the Project Builder or the XCode builder before. After taking a close look at the errors, it seems to all come from a call in the main.m file.

When the hash marks are removed from the include headers, there is but a single "error: Syntax error before '<' token". I think I'll just leave them as they were for now.

There are 72 parse errors. Many of the program calls have similar variables like NSString and others, but the one thing they all have in common is this text: AVAILABLE_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_3_AND_LATER; appended to each program line that registers an error.

Not quite sure where I should start. I've downloaded and installed the developers Camel package and even all these files:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=48040&package_id=41117&release_id=232322

except the ones with "src" in them (the installation process isn't explained anywhere really - no explanation as to what files are needed to start up and what mandatory configurations are needed if any.)
:mad: :)
I dunno.

Oh, what is a shebang?

Back