please please help! virus?

jakki

Registered
hi... i am not very technically minded and have just had something bad happen to my computer... i have a G3? mac laptop... it's a titanium finish one, and i run OSX and safari. i was looking at some websites on the net and i went to one that was something to do with making handbags... when i hit the link to go to it, nothing happened and then my computer screen had all these vertical lines on it and then went totally blank! i shut down and re-started and then it seemed to be ok and all the files came up on the desk top and then it had all the vertical lines again! my computer has never had any problems and i am wondering what could be causing this? it won't start up now without this happening. does anyone have a clue as to what has happened? i am really really worried...thanks!

the problem you are describing sounds like a possible bad display or bad logic board. i would take it in to your local apple authorized repair center or look at purchasing a new mac, if it turns out to be a bad logic board that would cost more than the unit is worth.

There are no MacOS X viruses. Try booting the computer from a CD to see if your problem is software-related. If your problem persists while your computer is booted from a CD, then you have a hardware problem.

thank you very much for your posts... i have been trying to locate someone to look at it! where i live, there seems to be no mac dealers apart from pc world and they don't have a dedicated person...crazy!! everyone should have a mac! they are such lovely machines... i am heart broken about mine...i appreciate your help...

Back