pls help! install windows 7 using bootcamp

appleonia

Registered
hi,

i am attempting to instal windows 7 on my mac using bootcamp.

in the intall windows screen, i selected disk 0 partition 3 bootcamp, as per the bootcamp instructions, then i selected format.

now i am stuck...

getting the message: setup was unable to create a new system partition or locate an existing system partition. see the setup log files for more information.

can't eject the installation cd either.

what should i do? i'm new to this and can't understand the responses to similar posts.

thanks!

Sometimes with certain brand of disks don't seem to like BootCamp. So if you can boot Windows reformat that partition FAT32 and install. Then re-follow the Boot Camp instrution and use the Leopard install(in the new Window partition) disk to install all the drivers for all the Mac parts in your Mac. It also puts a Startup disk control panel in that looks almost like the OS X Startup System Preferences.

what should i do? i'm new to this and can't understand the responses to similar posts.

It sounds like you didn't even go through the bootcamp assistant and create the partition. I'd recommend letting someone who knows what they are doing do this for you if you have data on that drive that you do not want to lose.

You can use bootcamp setup assistant in the applications/utilities folder just like for any other Windows install. I did it on my macbook and it installed just like any other Windows installation. The bootcamp drivers on your Leopard installer work just as well. A search on google will probably bring up 100 tutorials to walk you through this. Here is a tutorial specifically for installing Windows 7: http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/15/using-boot-camp-to-install-windows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/

Back