PowerBook External Speakers

I've seen the iTrigue at Apple Stores, so I would assume so. I think they run off the headphone jack. I have the Creative TravelSound which I use for my iPod and iBook and I love it. Great sound and a small profile. Creative is pretty good at the speaker business for computers (and affordable).

Just watch out for all those 5.1 and bla bla bla speakers. Mostly they need more than one jack. I bought such a speaker set for my pc and used a jack-doubler to use those speakers. ;)

Randman said:
I've seen the iTrigue at Apple Stores, so I would assume so. I think they run off the headphone jack. I have the Creative TravelSound which I use for my iPod and iBook and I love it. Great sound and a small profile. Creative is pretty good at the speaker business for computers (and affordable).

The TravelSound speakers are £50, they don't look like they will produce any more sound than what the PowerBook already offers?

The doubler is just physically doubling your jack. I am very sure you can use it on your powerbook too. But this won't give you the surround sound such as 4 independent speakers. Those two jacks will run on mono (rear and front will be mono; left and right stero). And you will need an active system using an amplifier since your output is shared. I think I payed 2Euro for the doubler.

Is there a way to plug the standard Apple speakers (such as those shipped with an iMac) into a Powerbook? The jack is the wrong size to fit into the
headphone outlet.

There's an external device that can plug Apple pro speakers into an iBook or laptop. Don't remember the name but I saw it at The Mac Shop recently.
And the Creative TravelSound are externally powered and yes, they do a good job, a very good job.

Back