Powerbook G3 power supply problems

leeyoung

Registered
I recently replaced my power supply for my powerbook G3 as the old one was falling apart. Now with a brand new supply and battery it will not start. It starts up from just the battery fine, and is working perfectly, but when I plug the power supply in it will not start, or charge the battery? any thoughts would be appreciated!

I had the same problem, it was where the cord plugs into the powerbook it came lose and I had to resoder it back on to the circut board.

Thanks for the suggestion, any idea how I get in to the circuit board to resolder it? I tried removing all the screws from the bottom of the powerbook but the casing still would not come off?

Took it apart, re-soldered the power socket to the board, re-assembled it's still not working. Thanks for all the help though, much appreciated. Guess its a more compplex problem. Anyone want to buy a cheap G3 powerbook?!?

yeah it worked with the old power supply, but the old supply lead was frayed and tempramental. Its a G3 series, 500MHz, 10GB HD, 192Mb ram, 14.1" screen.

What does the new powersupply look like, maby you got the rong powersupply. I believe the g3 powerbooks used a rectangle one or a puck type one.

Back