preparing CDRW problem

rezba

simpleutilisateurpuissant
I own a dualG4 533 with OS 10.1.4., 1,25Go Ram, a CDRW writer Mastushita CW-7586.

From a week or two, everytime i insert a blank CDRW in, i'm asked to prepare it, as usual, and the proposed formats are :

Standard (HFS+/ISO9600) or MP3, both at 16712576742194,4 Mo !
and iTunes MP3 at 0 Mo i

Of course, preparation failed.
Erasing CDRW with disk utilities change nothing, trying to ripp with Toast gives no result either.

Any idea, please ? Thanks.

When you say Disk First Aid failed -- is this before or after you attempt to prepare it?

Have you tried ignoring the preparation and just going straight to DFA?

this happens with many CDRW, but I admit they're coming from the same company.
Most of them are new.
One has been ripping on a G4dual800 with 10.1.4., so I know it works.
But no extensive use.

I try to ignore preparation, and to ripp them directly with Toast. Then I got an "illegal request blablabla".

I also tried to ignore preparation and go straight to DFA. It erase my disk as well, but the disk was not recognized by discburner, and I had the same error with Toast 5.1.3.

Could it come from the burner itself (as I can rip these CDRW elsewhere) ?

I used to use Toast to burn cds. I myself encountered an "illegal request blah blah" error when i inserted a cd that already had data on it. But if you're saying that it was a brand new disc and Toast still gave you that message, maybe it's the cd-burner. Or, the cd-burner does not accept or write to Cd-RW discs. It also maybe the Toast's software. You may get a free download of their latest software at www.roxio.com.
Hopefully, I helped.:)

Back