Print Jobs Stop on HP Laserjet 3500 after installing Tiger 10.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

secondhandrozie

Registered
I cannot print and I am going NUTZO!

This is regarding my:
800 MHz PPC G4

After purchasing THE IBOOK G4, i thought it would be 'GREAT' to install the TIGER software onto my 800 MHz PPC G4.

I was running Panther 10.3.9 and printing to my HP COLORLASERJET 3500 was sporadic (I would sometimes have to turn off printer and/or unplug USB to IMAC to get it to print).

On the Apple / HP and MISC MAC Forums, it seems that a billion HP owners have posted this printing problem --- and no one has the answer!!!

I have completed the following with no success:
DELETED & ADDED HP PRINTER 20X
RESET PRINTER
REPAIRED DISK
and UPGRADED TO TIGER COMBO 10.4.7

Any and all advice, help or general "I am having the same problem too with my HP Printer" will be greatly appreciated.

Why shouldn't you?
It's HP's update for this printer on Tiger.
I'd expect it would work. Could be wrong :)

The HP Update states that "The latest HP printer driver for this device is built into Tiger for print only functionality and does not require a download or reinstallation of any HP software to print."

I am stymied.

If it were me, after reading what HP says about this printer, I would buy a different printer.

If you can use the printer on a network, go back to your post on Apple's board and do some searching. Some instructions there.

So, I have to Archive and re-install?

OMG.
Archive & Install is a solution for vexing problems with your OS, it is not the solution to bad choices of printers. You need a print driver which will work with your POS HP Color LaserJet 3500. As you know by now, it is not supported by HP on Tiger. However, some users have found success using a CUPS driver. You can find it here.

Can anyone help me to un-install Tiger? I am having the worst time trying to get my printer to work and have been informed that this printer is not great...but it is....the HP Color Laserjet 3500 worked perfectly for me until I upgraded to Tiger and now I cannot print.

I need, desperately need to know how to un-install Tiger and go back to the Panther version that the printer worked on.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Michele

So I guess there is no other way to get my HP Color Laserjet 3500 printer to work correctly...no-one out there knows any other way and could possibly help me step-by-simple step to assist me?

Oh well...I don't want to do an Archive and Reinstall, so I am stuck.

I'm sorry, I forgot my manners, thanks to all of you who took the time to assist me with this problem.

secondhandrozie, Your problem is not that you lack for people willing to help you or for helpful suggestions. Despite the fact that you are not supposed to create multiple threads on the same issue, you have two active threads on the same printer problem. Up to now, no one has called you on this. To the contrary, members of this forum have bent over backwards for you. No, you problem is not a lack of help. The problem is that you have found every conceivable excuse to avoid accepting the help that you have been given. You are the first person I have ever seen who questioned the validity of the instructions in the MacOS X Help menu.

Before you do any more damage to your system, I advise you to get someone to come over and setup your printer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back