Printcenter screwed up?

didde

Registered
My printcenter.app will startup ok, but then when I try to add a printer it just quits unexpectedly.. All X says is that Printcenter has quit..

I have done nothing to it, and I have no printers in the list..

What is wrong with it? Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm having the same type of trouble. my printcenter app just quits right before it gets ready to do the job. It's really a pain. But I can print from classic apps no problem, so I know it's an osx software bug. I'm also using an epson 740i, so the driver for it is built in to osx.
I just can't find anybody to give any info on this. I wonder if it's working for everyone else? I guess I might just have to wait for the next osx update and see if it's fixed.

This started happening to me the other day at work. I have searched all the forums and boards I can think of and it appears to be a widespread problem. Unfortunately I found no solutions.

Here are some things I tried that did not work:
* reinstall Print Center
* delete all printers and PPD's
* delete preferences

Sure hope someone figure sit out soon - I have NO PRINTING capabilities and I am even using a supported printer (Xerox Phasor 850).

I had this happen after installing 10.1.3. After trying to fix the problem in printcenter, i just turned my printer off overnight. when i turned it back on the next morning and rebooted the mac, everything worked normal again. I have no idea what happened but that fixed it.:)

Back