Printing errors

dennis

Registered
When printing from my new G4 imac under OS X to my Epson Stylus Photo 810, I often (about 50%of the time after start up) get a printing error banner when directs you to the print centre to stop queue, then start queue, then retry which gets the prints working again!!
Any ideas please?

More Info!! Does it start to print first, then stop with error, Does it then complete printing after cycling the Queue. Happens once in a while; or every time you print? How is printer attached to iMac, through hub, or direct to iMac USB port. Could be just a work-around you have to do, if printing then completes OK.

Thanks for the reply, in fact the usb lead is connected directly to the imac's usb port (700Mhz version) and no it does not start to print other than scrolling the data before the printing error banner appears.
If the printer does start to operate with no faults reported it always completes the print with no problems. This is also the case if the banner has appeared and I have had to stop the queue then restart the queue and retry!

Back