Printing OS X 10.4 with HP Officejet K80

talltree

Registered
Hi, I am working on getting my Officejet K80 to work with tiger connected through USB. So far I tried hpjis drivers and the new gimp drivers called gutenprint. It does work over a network when attatched to a PC however I need for it to work when only connected through a USB cable since I'm giving it to someone who doesn't have a PC. I can see the printer when adding it but when I go to print nothing comes out. Has anyone gotten it to work and how did you do it? Thank so very much in advanced!

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm just using a straight USB cable. I tried the usbtb backend also that doesn't seem to help. Should I be using a usb to paralel converter? If so can you suggest any one that will work? Thank you.

As a side note I connected the printer through a parellel cable to my router that has a print server on it. I then setup the mac to print by LPD through ethernet. I was able to connect and print mostly the output was garbled and I wasn't able to fully print a whole page without it stoping at some point. The output seemed random sometime it printed the text huge and sometimes normal but with some garbled text at top and sometimes completely garbled text. I did this using the gutenburg drivers. The HPJIS drivers I couldn't get to work at all. Hopefully its a limitation of the print server for why it didnt' work properly. Maybe the usb to parellel adapter will work better? Any help apreciated.

I think trying a USB-parallel cable will at least tell you if your driver is good, or if it's the USB connection that's bad.

Back