Pro Keyboard iSkin

Have you ever popped off the keys on your keyboard? Geeee-ross! :p
I bet it's worth the money!

Well, I sold a kidney and ordered the iSkin. It should be here Monday. I never want to have to clean those keys again, even though it was pretty easy using plain alcohol on a cloth for the tops and alcohol on q-tips around the sides…looks brand new.

I got an iSkin for my girlfriend's keyboard...

It was very cool to start with, but now it's started "tightening" around the arrow and F13/14/15 keys etc. so that it lifts off the keyboard...

If you want to use it for typing all the time, I'd say be careful, but if you just use it for protecting your keyboard when you're not there, as she does - it's excellent - if you touch the rubber now (after 3 months) it's really horrid!

It did also cut down the noise of the keyboard "clacking" a lot when she used to type with it in place...

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed, though...

:(

I didn't like it. I found just a little cleaning on the keyboard worked just as well, maybe better. And with my IceBook, I had a skin on it and it didn't fully close so it didn't go to sleep but I didn't realise until many hours later and it was very, very hot.
Plus, I found the touch got a little sticky to type rather than the feedback from the normal keys.

I have one on the iBook. I love it. iBooks keyboard starts to look very nasty if it gets dirty, and that keeps it clean. I want one for the powerbook next.. :)

So 2 out of 3 are disappointed…I wonder which side I'll be on in a week or so. It arrived and was put on yesterday; so far I like it a lot. I never really noticed the clacking noise of the keyboard until I put the iSkin on and it didn't happen anymore. Reinforces that old saying that you never know what you've got until it's
gone. I'll keep an eye open for the shrinking F13/14/15 and stickiness. It's on a FP iMac keyboard, so the close to sleep issue wont be a problem.

Thanks for your input!

Back