Problem setting up PHP/MySQL User Authentification

uoba

Re: member
Hello

I have tried to implement many PHP & MySQL user authentification scripts on my server, but to no avail.:(

I have forums, calendars, web stats etc etc working there, so both PHP and MySQL are running fine, but when it comes to using a User log-in system, never quit gets there.

Some of them just go nowhere when I click the submit button for username & password input... can it be something to do with cookies? Or something that may need configuring in Apache (a mod missing?)?

I don't want to use .htaccess files, I already am. I want to use the log-in with more control and graphic ability.

you might consider picking up a copy of "PHP adn MYSQL Web Development" by Wellington and Thomson. great book--covers this topic well.

Oops, it's sitting under the coffee table:rolleyes:

Did think about doing that, but the book is so slow (and I don't like skipping chapters)... Also, I don't think that my problem is with the PHP or MySQL code, I am guessing by what happens that it's to do with either the cookies, or my server configuration/PHP module configuration.

I just tried another one (www.qadscripts.com phpauth script, very well documented, got it up and running with login screen, but when I log-in, seemingly logs in but goes to a blank screen, no error message (this has happened on a few of them).:(

Back