problem with column view in finder

rkowal70

Registered
Jaguar on my machine used to never properly remember the width of columns column view... posted a thread about this a few months ago, without much success, though, and other people reported the same little bug.
Hoped that that would be gone in Panther, and behold!..., columns default to a different width everytime I close and reopen the finder window. Arrrggghhhh. Is this something peculiar to my machine, am I overlooking some obvious way to fix this, or is a bug?

Did you "Upgrade", "Archive and Install" or clean install Panther? How are you opening new Finder windows (clicking on Finder Dock icon, Command-N, double-clicking hard drive icon…)? What are the exact steps you are taking to make the changes to the column view width size?

…

cybergoober said:
Did you "Upgrade", "Archive and Install" or clean install Panther? How are you opening new Finder windows (clicking on Finder Dock icon, Command-N, double-clicking hard drive icon…)? What are the exact steps you are taking to make the changes to the column view width size?

I upgraded. It doesn't matter how I open the windows the column widths change anyway. To change the width size, I drag the columns at the bottom, where the two little marks are.

Does it happen when you open a window the same way? Try doing it 5 times one way, like double-click the icon, then another way, like dragging it to the Dock and opening it from there.

Back