Problem with new iPod...

JesseRPI

Registered
I don't know if this is the case in all iPods, but does anyone know why when you browse your tunes on the iPod by Genre, the songs displayed are not in alphabetical order? I tried removing the album information and track numbers, hoping that would help, but the tracks are still displayed in an apparently random order. If anyone has discovered a way to 'fix' this, please post. As a note, if tracks are viewed in the playlists, then they are, in fact, alphabetized correctly.

Much obliged,
-jesse

It would appear they are aplhabetized by artist by default. When you said you removed information how did you go about doing that? If you stripped the info from the ID3 tags I would think it would display them in aplhabetical order. Another thing to try would be to arrange the tracks how you want them in your iTunes playlist then upload to the iPod. Perhaps while viewing your playlist in iTunes set it to order by Song Name by clicking on the Song Name column header and make sure the point of the triangle is pointing up.

Yeah, that's exactly what I did - I stripped the ID3 tags from album and track number info. I also tried ordering them using the order by song name feature, but when the songs were downloaded to the iPod the same problem was still apparent. If, in fact, the songs are ordered by artist name, I wonder if there is any way to change this so that they are instead ordered by song title...?

Thanks! -jesse

Back