Problems With Toast on 10.3.3

Splinky

Registered
I get an error message when I launch Toast. The program then crashes.
This happened after I upgraded to 10.3.3

Not happy. :mad:

You need.... Toast Titanium 6 to work on Panther

Are you coming from Jaguar or upgrading 3.2?

pds said:
You need.... Toast Titanium 6 to work on Panther.

I have it. Toast 6.0.3

Error states: couldn't complete the last command because of a Mac OS error
Result Code =-72000

Are you coming from Jaguar or upgrading 3.2?

I am coming from Panther. Upgrading from 3.2

I guess I'm glad I haven't bitten the bullet and upgraded from 3.2 yet on my ibook. But my son has no problem with toast on his g4 ibook with 3.3, so maybe it's a plist thing. I will defer to greater wisdom.

Toast 5.2.1 works just fine in 10.3.x. They had problems with it during the beta releases, but it worked just fine with the release of 10.3.

First, I almost hate to say it, but have you used disk utility to repair permissions? As a safety precaution I do this about once a week, and after any upgrade/install.

naodx said:
Toast 5.2.1 works just fine in 10.3.x. They had problems with it during the beta releases, but it worked just fine with the release of 10.3.

First, I almost hate to say it, but have you used disk utility to repair permissions? As a safety precaution I do this about once a week, and after any upgrade/install.

Repair permissions? I will try that now.
What exactly does it do?

When ever you do a major install or update, the system decides that the computer or the OS is the owner. Run Disk Utility from the Utility folder to verify and repair permissions. Then you will be able to run any application without errors or unexpected quits. It will check all the permissions and owners and correct them to the admin/owner of the computer.

Still no luck.
I went to the Roxio forums. It seems that a few other are having the same problem.
Someone did come up with a fix. But I need a program called "Rendezvous".
What is that and can it be downloaded? I can't find it anywhere.
I need that to use a file called "mDNSresponder". I have to enable it so that Toast can run.
?????

Rendezvous is built into the system.

Open terminal and paste this into it;

sudo /System/Library/StartupItems/mDNSResponder/mDNSResponder start

Thanks for all the help.

I think I'm going to go back to Toast 5 until Apple or Roxio comes out with some sort of update.
This problem it becoming a bit time consuming.

No need to pipe in. I understand that the majority of 10.3.3/Toast 6 users don't have a problem.

I'm not the only one who is experiencing the same issue. I went to the Roxio discussion board and there are a few.

This started immediatly after the 10.3.3 upadate.

One thing you could try, if you have a few minutes, is to create a new user account on your machine.

Log into this account and launch Toast and see if you get the same error. If you don't then maybe something is corrupted in your normal user account.

It appers that a number of people are experiencing this problem.
Some people are even being ignored by Roxio tech support.

Splinky said:
It appers that a number of people are experiencing this problem.
Some people are even being ignored by Roxio tech support.

Did you try bobw's suggestion in Terminal?

I had the same problem but I just assumed that it was because I had a pirated copy of Toast 6.

Back