Problems With Translucent Menu Bar

BriceH

Registered
When I select "Translucent Menu Bar" in my Desktop settings, the menu bar becomes really bright white. No matter what background I choose, the menu bar stays like that. Any ideas?

Here's a picture:
Picture%202.png

Thanks

What are the specs on your computer? I think it has to have quartz extreme and core image. So send us your specs and we'll let you know.

What are the specs on your computer? I think it has to have quartz extreme and core image. So send us your specs and we'll let you know.
I think that my specs are fine. The translucent menu bar used to work. I can't figure out why it doesn't anymore.

If you read through it, it says it will be solid white because leopard thinks your running an older mac, so you could be having some problems with your plist's.
try running the 10.5.7 combo update again.

Last edited:
Hmm, still having the problem? It doesn't sound like a conflicting problem that would keep os x from booting, Have you tried to boot in safe mode?

I just realized, that you have the screen sharing logo, is someone connected to you, or are you using another monitor? Both of these could cause some problems.

I am having this same issue. I am pretty sure this only started happening after I upgraded to Snow Leopard. First I noticed how ugly the menu bar was.. the text seemed pixelated.. and only then did I remember that it used to be translucent. When I went to the system prefs to make it translucent again, the checkbox was already checked. Unchecking it turned the menu bar from bright white to gray (exactly like BriceH described). I am leaving it on the gray for now since it's better than that ugly bright white... but I really liked the translucent bar.

Any ideas?

open up a Terminal window and copy and paste the following...

sudo defaults delete /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.WindowServer 'EnvironmentVariables'

supply your password, hit enter, and then restart your computer.

Back