problems with ut2k3

Racer D

what?
so, I got ut2003, install went ok but ingame I have to very ugly problems

1. some sounds do not seem to play. for instance sound from my weapon. It's very annoying (some other sounds too, dunno which exactly but I can hear it's something missing)

2. sometimes the game acts as if I was holding the right arrow all the time. I just strafe right all the time. doesn't stop either, only if I start a new game

anyone else having these problems? the demo ran fine

iMac 15" 700
geforce 2 mx
apple pro keyboard

About the sound: did you try turning off any 3d-effects in sound? or just switch to low quality sound?
About that keyboard problem: I had a similar problem with my mouse. When I fired, it kept fireing. I suppose this has something to do with usb-devices. Don't know how it could be solved. Maybe there is a new update for UT2003 out already?

And maybe you should shift your move-keys away from your arrow-keys. It's common to use the wasd-keys:
w = move forwards
a = strafe left
d = strafe right
s = move backwards
Maybe the problem doesn'T appear than anymore. Sounds really desperate, huh? ;)

hmm I know I tried both, low quality and not sound, same shit but will see about 3D effects

and will try switching keys too though it is a quite desperate solutio yes :D

just not right now, work to do :confused:

tnx man

playing with wasd keys reallt does help, but damn I can't walk right :D

bout the sound - no setting seems to help. and I debugged it a bit. I cannot hear weapoin sounds. Actually I do, but yhey are very very quiet, though sometimes (for bout 5 seconds every minute or so) I hear them normally. damn is this weird or what :D

try editing unrealtournament.ini or system.ini
I bet there is some option about 3d sound still true or so...

u mean the files in ~/library/application support/unreal tournament 2003? played with that too, didn't help

Back