Professional Software compatability with Mac OS-X

Well, not knowing exactly what qualifies as Professional Software, I'll list some of the titles that had previous Mac OS 8/9 versions. These are the first Mac OS X compatible releases of these apps... most have had a number of versions since these releases.
Adobe Photoshop 7.0
Adobe Illustrator 10.0
Adobe InDesign 2.0
Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5 (Acrobat 6 for Distiller)
Adobe GoLive 6.0
Adobe LiveMotion 2.0
Adobe After Effects 5.5
Adobe Premiere 6.5
QuarkXPress 6.0
Suitcase 10*
Macromedia Freehand 10
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
Macromedia Flash MX
Macromedia Fireworks MX
Deneba Canvas 8
ProCreate Painter 7
Microsoft Office v.X
FileMaker Pro 5.5
Apple Final Cut Pro 3
Apple DVD Studio Pro 1.5​

* Suitcase needs a specific version for each version of Mac OS X because of how it interacts with the system. You can not run this version of Suitcase with any of the recent versions of Mac OS X.

Dawn Healy said:
I was wondering what versions of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Quark were needed with Mac OS-X

Hello There,

There is a "Creative Suit CS2" for Mac ox X, check this link out (http://www.adobe.com/creativesuite/main.html) and I guess Indesign could do most of Quark stuff..... having said that, some people are more used to, and more comfertable with Quark....

Hopes this helps....
Pramod

RacerX said:
Photoshop 7.0
Adobe Illustrator 10.0
Adobe InDesign 2.0
Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5 (Acrobat 6 for Distiller)
Adobe GoLive 6.0
Adobe LiveMotion 2.0
Adobe After Effects 5.5
Adobe Premiere 6.5
QuarkXPress 6.0
Suitcase 10*
Macromedia Freehand 10
Macromedia Dreamweaver MX
Macromedia Flash MX
Macromedia Fireworks MX
Deneba Canvas 8
ProCreate Painter 7
Microsoft Office v.X
FileMaker Pro 5.5
Apple Final Cut Pro 3
Apple DVD Studio Pro 1.5[/indent]
That's an impressive list. Good for you for going to all the trouble in compiling it.

Actually I cheated a little... I compiled the list a long time ago because I get ask the first poster's question quite a lot. Usually it is one of my clients wanting a deal on ebay and asking if the software will run on their system.

With my cash-strapped clients, that list comes in handy. ;)

Back