Purchased Music and Not Being Able to Use It...

Trip

Registered
Ok, so I bought this CD (Brand New - Deja Entendu) and I want to play the CD off of my Zire71, but when I put the songs on my expansion card REALplayer on the palm doesn't recognize the m4p files that I purchased! And I can't convert the files because they are protected...what CAN I do to get these files working on my handheld?!

Trip said:
Ok, so I bought this CD (Brand New - Deja Entendu) and I want to play the CD off of my Zire71, but when I put the songs on my expansion card REALplayer on the palm doesn't recognize the m4p files that I purchased! And I can't convert the files because they are protected...what CAN I do to get these files working on my handheld?!

Possibly nothing. I hate to say it but you probably should have checked if your handheld could play it before you bought the CD. The only thing that could help would be a firmware upgrade for m4p file support or be on the lookout on macupdate and versiontracker for new programs that may pop up to get around this sort of protection.

You could always burn the protected files onto CD, the re-import them into iTunes as mp3. Of course, there would be some loss of quality due to compression…

Pocket Tunes has surpassed AeroPlayer these days but I have AP on my Palm and never had problem playing aac-encoded songs purchased from the iTMS.
Are you using a card reader to move the files to your Palm card? This also works quite well and is much quicker than trying to hotsync a song.

iTMS songs work on a Palm with AP and/or PocketTunes? Did they crack the protection or is this something 'official'?

Thanks guys I'll try it out!
And I'm using my digital camera to import songs to my card, it's nice and fast. :)

Back