question about the iSub...

themacko

Barking at the moon.
The eMac speakers seem to be very nice, they can get quite loud and pretty crisp sounding. However they don't have much bass (not that I was expecting much).

I think I'm going to get an iSub, so I'd just like to hear from someone else who has one. Just wondering how you like it and if you would recommend it. Aslo, would it work with an eMac? I'm sure it would because it just connects with USB ... anyhoo thanks for any opinions!

I have a iSub on my G4 tower, with apple pro speakers (mine is the first digital audio model) and it has an amazing sound, worth every penny of the $59... seriously, it is awesome. The only complaint I have is that there is no way to adjust the bass level on it on OS X, on 9 it did, but as of 10.1.X There was no way to do it... I am hoping that 10.2 takes care of that. pre 10.1.5 I had some problems with the iSub starting to "Crackel" (almost sounding like it was blown) but 10.1.5 seemed to fix that, and when it happend before (which was only like once a week) all you would have to do is unplug it, and plug it back in and it would work fine...

One last thing, nothing is better than when someone see's it for the first time, the reaction is always amusing. Usually goes something like this: "What the F**** is that?!":D

Originally posted by macidiot

One last thing, nothing is better than when someone see's it for the first time, the reaction is always amusing. Usually goes something like this: "What the F**** is that?!":D

Heh, SoundSticks subwoofer "plays" a role of futuristic hi-tech equipment on a chrome pedestal in Artificial Intelligence New York lab :)

One can tell it is not iSub, because three cords are hanging off it (USB and two cables towards the Sticks--which are hidden, BTW). Power cord was not plugged in.

Back